What I learned from this experience is that I have a lot of room for improvement. I worked a lot this semester so my grades suffered a little bit, but I could have definitely used more of my down time for study time. Another thing that I learned from this failure is that my life is not going to dictated by the grades that I get. I have met many people and made many connections this semester and each of those connections is much more important that the grades that I get every semester.
I handle failure by turning it into something positive. As Benjamin Franklin once said "I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong". If you look at every mistake as a good learning experience, you can never get upset. I have learned from many of my experiences in college, good and bad, and I have never made the same mistake twice. This class has taught me that you may fail many times, but through those failures you will figure out where you went wrong. Through doing this you will become a better business man and a better person.
Hey Jonathan!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciated your post about your failure. I've experienced the same failure many times in college, including my very first fall semester here. It's ironic because this is my last semester and I've never gotten straight A's yet. I also appreciate your positive attitude towards failure. I agree with you that grades are definitely not the most important thing that we will get out of college! Networking provides a huge opportunity to find jobs and other connections. Sounds like you are on the right track! Good luck on your venture!
Here is my post celebrating failure if you want to check it out:
http://mariakongosfirstblogever.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html
Hi Jonathan! Don't be too hard on yourself about not getting straight A's, it's a lot harder than it seems, even if you're taking all easy classes. The problem that I tend to personally run into, is that if the class is too easy, I start slacking off and forgetting to do assignments, which makes my grade drop even though it's an easy class. This semester, I'm really trying to not let that happen. Good luck!
ReplyDeletehttp://laurasici.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html