When looking back at the questions that I asked Daniel Cane, one of the founders of Blackboard LLC, I think that I've come a long way. I really learned from the questions and applied the answers that I was given to this course.
Three Questions:
1) At what point did you decide that it was best to sell your first business?
My competitor decided to pay me a sum of money that was much more than my product was worth. I decided that the money that I would gain from selling Blackboard could be used to start up many new projects.
2) Did you decide to try to start up any new businesses? If so, how many attempts did it take to create a new successful product?
I did try to start up a new business shortly after I sold Blackboard. I actually tried more than ten times to invent another successful product. I was actually close to giving up but I stayed persistent and finally designed a winner.
3) If you could give one piece of advice to a up and coming entrepreneur, what would you tell them?
Don't let anybody tell you that you can't do something. I've seen many of my peers overcome much more adversity that me and still succeed. Being successful is a mindset. Even mistakes are successes. From every mistake I have made, I have learned something new about being an entrepreneur and the industry I was in.
I have come a long way in this class. I knew almost nothing about being an entrepreneur when I signed up, but now I feel like I have general knowledge about all aspects of being an entrepreneur. Because of this, I felt much more comfortable taking to Daniel about his businesses. Daniel actually did make a comment on how much knowledge I had acquired since the last time I had seen him. He told me to keep up the good work.
Hey Jonathan! Like you I also noticed how much I've developed since the beginning of the course. My questions definitely improved this time around. Your questions are very specific and require detailed answers; great job conducting this interview! Here's mine: http://lfrancie.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html
ReplyDeleteJonathan, I like the idea of what you plan on doing with the venture. If you can just receive a lump sum of money and not have to worry about running the business anymore, it's a win win for both parties. But your advice is inspirational, I agree with the fact that you shouldn't let anyone tell you that you can't do something. Keep up the good work, check out my own post at http://kingkion.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html
ReplyDelete