Sunday, February 21, 2016

Free Money


I will stand right outside of my house, which is near midtown, and start giving away the dollar bills.  I will try to approach males that are college students.  To get the conversation started all I am going to do is simply ask them how their day is going.  My plan for the conversation is to tell the person that somebody had given me a dollar today and I just wanted to pay it forward.  I think that I can successfully give away 5 out of 5 dollar bills.

To be honest, I didn't really think that this exercise had anything to do with this class but I didn't seem to have any issues completing it.  Giving away a dollar was easier than I imagined because I originally thought that people would think it was a weird thing to do.  My predictions were correct.  I made the assumption that people wouldn't want to talk to me and I would really have to sell my idea, but I really didn't have an issue giving away the dollar bills to any of the people I talked to.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan,

    Great job on successfully giving away those dollar bills. I'm actually kind of jealous you live so close to campus since it made it easier for you to find random people to give the dollar away to.

    You definitely demonstrated great communication skills and made yourself personable so really just keep it up!

    I did not have as easy a time as you did in giving away my dollar bills but feel free to checkout my attempts on my blog!

    http://justslothin.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!
    I like the way you choose to approach to random people by asking simple question. You made it seemed so easy to give away a dollar! Effective communication skill appears to be essential in this exercise and you have done an excellent job! I did not feel so comfortable to do this at first. I think picking the right location is important as well.
    http://wtl328.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete