One thing that surprised me in the chapter was that competitors were not one of the bigger external problems experienced by entrepreneurs. I would think that many entrepreneurs have issues selling their products because somebody else is selling the same thing. Those two companies would end up splitting the profits from the product and both businesses might be at risk of being low on money.
It was a little confusing to me when I was trying to distinguish the difference between cash flow in a company and having adequate capitol. Both of those were described as internal problems experienced by entrepreneurs, but they both sound so similar.
In order to make the company more efficient, should a new entrepreneur hire a manager with experience to run the company or just run the company by himself/herself? I'm not sure if I have the managing skills to take on the whole load of the company by myself so I'm not sure if it would be a better idea to hire somebody with experience to help me manage the company.
How much time should be put into developing a product vs. actually selling a product? I'm not sure if it would be a better idea to sell the product that you already have and then using some of those products into product development or if it is a better idea to make a product that is the best that it can possibly be and then start selling it to the public.
I don't feel that the author was right about the location of the entrepreneur being one of the biggest external problems that the entrepreneur faces. I think that most entrepreneurs figure out what their idea is by seeing a market for it and most of the time the market is right around the area that they live. Location seems like it could be a problem but I don't think that it is one of the biggest problems that an entrepreneur has to face.
No comments:
Post a Comment