I was surprised that some entrepreneurs invest up to one hundred thousand dollars in their own company. That is a crazy amount of money and I'm not sure where an entrepreneur would have that much money to start up a business.
I was a little confused at what equity financing was. I wasn't sure if equity financing was when the owner sold portions of his/her company to the bank to get out of debt or if the owner was exchanging stock is his own company for stock in another company.
A couple questions I would want to ask the author would be "With respect to money, is it a better idea to create your own company or invest your money in to another person's company?" It seems like there are tons of costs to take into account when you are starting up a company and you may not profit for some time while on the other hand, I could just invest in another company and begin making profits right away. My other question would be "What is the best way to pay off debt to the bank?" I'm not sure if it would be better to pay off the bank monthly with interest included or just sacrifice one of my possessions to the bank in order to pay off the debt.
I don't really agree with the author that you would need 500K to 3 million dollars from an "angel" to pay for an up and coming business. I believe that companies can make it through years of hard work and do not need "lucky money" from anybody.
No comments:
Post a Comment