I have had to great opportunity to have a short interview with Daniel Cane, the entrepreneur that I talked about in My Entrepreneurship Story. If you had not read my previous blog post, Daniel Cane was one of the founders of Blackboard LLC, a website used for e-learning at many different universities. Here are the three questions that I asked him during the interview:
What should be my expectations from this course?
- Answer: You should be getting a solid understanding of what an entrepreneur actually is. You should also be learning that entrepreneurs often fail many times before they succeed. Lastly, you should be taught processes of how to think outside of the box when thinking about solutions to common everyday problems.
What do you wish you had been taught in school before setting out on your own path as an entrepreneur?
- Answer: I wish I would have known how often entrepreneurs fail before succeeding. Entrepreneurship requires focus and commitment, but at the same time, you also have to realize when a project is no longer worth working on because it will never be successful.
What obstacles did you have to overcome while striving to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Answer: Many people didn't believe that I could succeed at being an entrepreneur. That was the hardest thing to overcome. My family supported me from the start but many of my colleagues did not think that I had a shot of making it big time. Also, I had to give up much of the time that I would have been spending socially in order to work on the project that I was working on at the time.
I learned a couple things from my interview. One thing that I learned was that there are always going to be people that think you can't do something, but anything is possible. You have to fully commit to the project that you are working on at that specific time. Another thing that I learned is that if there is a problem, there is always a solution. Somehow or in some way, everything can be fixed. You just have to figure out the solution.
No comments:
Post a Comment