Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection



The most surprising thing to me was that entrepreneurs have so many sources of stress.  In my head, I visualize an entrepreneur going to work every day just like everyone else.  I never really thought about all of the factors such as not knowing where you are going to get your next check for rent and food or how it would impact my social life and family life. 
A part that was a little confusing to me was the part that talked about the grief recovery process.  I understand the loss orientation where the person would think about where and why everything went bad, but I don’t understand the restoration orientation where the person distracts themselves from their failures and move on.  I thought that entrepreneurs were supposed to view their failures as advantageous opportunities.
I would ask the author “What is the best way to deal with an entrepreneurial failure?”  I’m just curious if it is best to try to use the failure as fuel for my next entrepreneurial project or if I should just put it behind me and try not to think about it at all.
I would also like to ask the author “How much sleep should an entrepreneur be getting a night?”  There is a common idea that the most successful people don’t sleep.  They stay up all night because time is money.  I was just curious if the author thought that an entrepreneur should be getting a good night’s rest or not.
I disagree with the author that many people have a risk of having issues with their families after becoming an entrepreneur.  I think that most entrepreneurs think that family should always come before work.  I don’t think that losing your family is a common consequence of becoming an entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment