Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2 Reading Reflection



One thing that surprised me in the reading is that about half of start-ups last 5-7 years.  I assumed that many start-up businesses lasted less than 2 years.  I was a little confused with the definition of what an entrepreneur is.  The book’s definition says that an entrepreneur invents a business that works without him or her.  I’m not really sure how a business thrives without its creator.  I would ask the author when should a business give up or when should a business should keep pushing to try to stay in business?  I feel like many people do not know when to give up on their failing business and I’m curious where you begin to think it’s a good time to shut down your business.  I would also like to ask the author when is it a good time to sell your business to someone else?  I have no idea when I would decide to sell my business if it was doing very well.  I feel like if I had a very successful business, I wouldn’t want to sell it all.  I looked throughout the chapter and I couldn’t find anything that I really disagreed with the author about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment